By Sean Patrick Adams
- Provides an outline of Andrew Jackson's existence and legacy, grounded within the most up-to-date scholarship and together with unique learn unfold throughout a couple of thematic areas
- Features 30 essays contributed by way of major students and historians
- Synthesizes the main updated scholarship at the political, fiscal, social, and cultural elements of the Age of Andrew Jackson
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
Winner of the Lincoln Prize. “Oakes brilliantly succeeds in [clarifying] the goals of the struggle with a totally new point of view. ”—David Brion Davis, manhattan assessment of BooksFreedom nationwide is a groundbreaking heritage of emancipation that joins the political projects of Lincoln and the Republicans in Congress with the brave activities of Union squaddies and runaway slaves within the South.
Settled in 1640 by way of a bunch of Puritans from Massachusetts, Southampton, big apple, replaced little or no till the railroad line from long island urban reached the village in 1870. Then, with day-by-day trains touring east, prosperous New Yorkers have been surprised to find a bucolic backwater simply hours away. by way of the flip of the century, Southampton used to be ranked one of the most trendy motels at the East Coast.
Surrounded via the protecting waters of the Salish Sea of Puget Sound, the San Juan Archipelago enjoys greater than its fair proportion of nature's attractiveness and bounty. San Juan Island, already richly endowed with its local cultures, grew to become much more traditionally appropriate because of its shut proximity to Vancouver Island, turning into swathed within the tapestry of early ecu explorations, occupations, and overseas disputes.
The Human culture within the American West is an engrossing choice of thirteen biographies of guys and ladies whose contributions to the advance of the yankee West have principally been left untold within the background books. This quantity is going past the normal biographical reader by way of together with the lives that jointly supply racial and gender range in addition to differing classification and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Dillon and Silverthorne (Images of America)
- The Kentucky Thoroughbred
- How Fibber McGee and Molly Won World War II
- Dingmans Ferry (Images of America)
- Benjamin Franklin's Intellectual World
- Ho! For Wonderland: Travelers' Accounts of Yellowstone, 1872-1914
Extra resources for A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Sean Patrick Adams