By Charles Mahoney
- Breaking unfastened from the bounds of the traditionally-studied authors, the gathering takes a revitalized method of the sphere and brings jointly one of the most interesting paintings being performed at this time time
- Emphasizes poetic shape and procedure instead of a biographical approach
- Features essays on creation and distribution and different colleges and routine of Romantic Poetry
- Introduces modern contexts and views, in addition to the problems and debates that proceed to force scholarship within the field
- Presents the main finished and compelling selection of essays on British Romantic poetry at present available
Read Online or Download A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
The main major source for any researcher wishing to appreciate the finer info of Oscar Wilde’s notable occupation, the “Oscar Wilde and His Circle” archive on the collage of California, la homes the world’s biggest number of fabrics in relation to the existence and paintings of the proficient Irish author.
The Artistry of Exile is a brand new examining of 1 of crucial issues of nineteenth-century literature. Exile represents a situation within the continually current pressure among self and tradition, the disturbance of reminiscence, the hunt for domestic, and the survival or now not of life's middle quakes — all of which turned picking positive factors of canonical Romanticism.
The Arthurian legend closes with a promise: On day, while his state calls, the king will go back. His misplaced realm should be regained, and his shattered dream of a terrific global will, eventually, be discovered. This number of unique essays explores the difficulty of go back within the smooth Arthurian legend.
Romantic Englishness investigates how narratives of localised selfhood in English Romantic writing are produced when it comes to nationwide and transnational formations. This e-book makes a speciality of autobiographical texts by way of authors equivalent to John Clare, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, William Hazlitt, Charles Lamb, and William Wordsworth.
- The Domestication of Genius: Biography and the Romantic Poet
- Edgar Allan Poe: Beyond Gothicism
- Writing Against Revolution: Literary Conservatism in Britain, 1790–1832 (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- The Edinburgh Review in the Literary Culture of Romantic Britain: Mammoth and Megalonyx: Volume 16 (The Enlightenment World)
- Love Cures: Healing and Love Magic in Old French Romance (Penn State Romance Studies)
- Romanticism: Critical Essays in American Literature: Volume 20 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
Additional resources for A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Charles Mahoney